Linggo, Mayo 17, 2015

13 Things We Didn't Know About Bruce Jenner's Sex Change Until Tonight

A.K.A. the most surprising things we learned from watching About Bruce, part one

Nearly 17 million people watched Bruce Jenner confirm to Diane Sawyer last month that he’s transitioning to a woman.

But the former Olympic star and reality TV dad isn’t done sharing his story in front of the cameras. Bruce’s gender confirmation (and his famous family’s reaction to it) is the focal point of a two-part Keeping Up with the Kardashians special simply titled About Bruce.

Didn’t catch part one? (What were you thinking?!) It’s okay—we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you missed:

The News Was Hard on Kris
…And understandably so. When you're married to a guy for 24 years and he announces that he identifies with being a woman, it probably takes a little getting used to. “I’m not okay," Kris told Kim. "I don’t know how to handle this. This is my life. I committed to this life, and I think that he just checked out.” Kim later told Kendall and Kylie that Kris “cries all the time.”

RELATED: The Crazy Thing That Kanye West Gave Kim Kardashian as a Wedding Present

His Kids Are Still Getting Used to the Idea
There were a lot of tears and tissues. Bruce likened his transition to a death and is confident that his kids will be okay. “Once they break through that whole thing, they say the world’s not collapsing, let’s move on with life,” he says.

His Kids Knew Something Was Up
Kendall says they found makeup in the past and automatically thought Bruce was having an affair. Khloe heard that Bruce would dress as a woman and walk the lobby of his hotel when he was away on speaking engagements. Kim says she caught Bruce in women’s clothes one night and ran to Kourtney’s house, hysterically crying. They say they kept it a secret for 12 years—even from Kris.

Khloe Bought Him Clothes
Bruce told Diane Sawyer that Khloe took the news hardest of all, but she seems to be coming around. Case in point: She bought a slew of women’s clothes for Bruce, including heels that match hers. "I don't know her taste yet, so I'm trying to figure it out," said Khloe. Bruce seemed overwhelmed by the nice gesture, saying, “Do you know how nice this is? Without even opening them. Do you know how nice this is and how much I appreciate it?"

RELATED: How Your Parents Impact Your Relationships

Bruce Was Terrified to Tell His Family
“I don’t think I’ve ever been as scared in my life as I was to be honest with my kids,” said Bruce. “Sometimes, it’s easier to talk to people you don’t know about this issue than it is to tell your kids.”

Openness Is a Big Issue
Khloe and Kylie both confronted Bruce about his level of honesty with his future plans and intentions. “You have to be honest with us,” said Khloe. “We’re your kids.” Kim also confronted him on the issue: “What hurts us is when we hear things are changing and happening and we don’t know about it. We just want to be in the loop.”

His Kids Think He’s Still Figuring Things Out…
Kourney says Bruce seems to be “taking it as it goes.” She adds, “I feel like he still hasn’t decided really what he’s going to do.”

…But Bruce Seems to Know What Will Happen Next
During a chat with Kim, Bruce implied that he’s already “made an appointment” to “fully transition” to being a woman. He didn’t get specific other than he would have more surgeries on his face in addition to the nose job he’s already had. “I see myself in the future, that way,” he told Kim when asked if he would fully become a woman.

He’s Most Worried About His Biological Kids
In kind of a burn to the Kardashian clan (that seemed unintentional), Bruce said, “Kendall and Kylie are who I’m most concerned about.”

He’s Great with Makeup
Bruce showed off a professional-grade pink pedi that he told Kim he did himself. He mentioned that he used to do them in the past but would hide his pedis under socks. He also says he’s awesome with beauty in general. “I could do your makeup,” he told Kim.

He Hates Haircuts
“The worst days of my life are the days I have to get haircuts,” Bruce told his kids. “I want my hair to be longer, but society says I’ve got to cut my hair because you’re a guy.”

He’s Been Out in Public As a Woman
Bruce told his kids that he’s been out at the movies as a woman. “Nobody knows,” he said. He also said his everyday style is “jeans and sweaters.”

RELATED: 10 Insanely Fit Trans Men

“Bruce” Is Going to Be Gone Anytime Now
When pressed by Khloe, Bruce said he’ll become a woman “in the spring.” Khloe asked, “Bruce is going to be gone in the next four to five months?” Bruce: “Yeah.” Khloe was visibly upset: “I don’t think it’s fair that you don’t tell us how close this is in the near future.”

bruce_jenner.jpg

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento