Miyerkules, Agosto 26, 2015

We Tried Peeing Like One of the Guys

There's no need to squat in the woods anymore.

Any Orange Is the New Black fans out there will remember the episode when Poussey invented a contraption that let her pee standing up. Well, the device isn't just a figment of her imagination anymore; there's a new crop of products that let you empty your tank while upright.

Granted, it's best to sit while peeing; hovering can leave urine in your bladder, which ups your risk for a UTI, says Mary H. Palmer, Ph.D., a professor at the School of Nursing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. But in the name of science, we tested these tools for peeing like a dude. Hey, they might come in handy when your only options are squatting in the woods or a skanky port-a-potty.

The Stand Up

Stand Up ($6 for six, the-stand-up.com)
The first “female urination device” (or FUD) I tried, this disposable pink origami-like contraption folds up flat enough to fit in your back pocket and then pops up into a cone shape to let you pee. It came in handy at a particularly gnarly gas station restroom. I had to go pretty badly, so getting the flow started wasn’t a problem, even though I wasn’t in my usual position. Soon enough, I was peeing from a whole new perspective! Aim is tricker than I imagined so I splashed on the seat a bit but, just like the boys, I didn’t even care.

RELATED: 5 Answers to Your Burning Pee Questions

pStyle

P.Style ($12, thepstyle.com)
This rigid plastic contraption was easy to slide below the waistband of my pants and underwear on a hike, eliminating the need to even pull them down all the way. (No more chilly butt while becoming one with Mother Nature!) The open, slide-like construction of the device made it tricky to hold as I was going since I didn’t want my hands to get in the way of the stream, but I’ll admit it was incredibly easy to clean—just rinse off with water and shake.

RELATED: What Your Pee Color Says About Your Health

SheWee

SheWee ($22, sheewee.com)
I went all out and purchased the “SheWee Extreme,” which comes with a carrying case and an extension tube. Extreme, indeed! It was so tricked out, I was downright excited to try it when I spotted a port-a-potty at the park. The extension tube improved my aim, and though there was no sink within reach to rinse the SheWee off after the deed was done, I gave it a few shakes and put it back into its carrying case.

RELATED: Your Guide to Peeing Politely—Anywhere You've Gotta Go

For (seriously) everything you ever wanted to know about pee, pick up the September 2015 issue of Women's Health, on newsstands now.

peeing-standing.jpg

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento